A Letter from Manager’s Red Book VP and GM Tom Frengillo
The Manager’s Red Book has been around for a long time. Nearly 30 years, in fact. Our customers love the product because it works! But even so, we sometimes hear from customers who want to make some changes. Maybe managers aren’t filling out the book often enough. Maybe they aren’t using it at all. About 46% of customers at some point look for ways to improve the use of their Manager’s Red Book. Furthermore, about 15% say that they don’t have a solution in place to support and facilitate the use of their Manager’s Red Book. Some believe technology could add more value than a paper-based system. We get feedback often, and we understand! This is the restaurant business, after all. You have a ton going on. Rapid change, employee turnover, the constant quest for satisfied customers. What you need is a simple, user-friendly solution to help reinforce the use of your Manager’s Red Book.
Best Practices for Reinforcement
We were curious — how do our most successful customers ensure the continued use of their Manager’s Red Book? There’s only one way to find out! That’s why we’ve been studying those customers. Here are some ideas they gave us:
- 52% conduct training with their managers on the expectations on how to use their book
- 47% review with their book periodically with an “above store” manager
- 40% conduct formal audits of the book during store walkthroughs
- 28% ask team members for feedback about the content and how the book can be improved
- 14% have a “How to Use” page included, highlighting recent content changes and instructions
- 10% take photos of pages and distribute them to confirm critical activities have been completed
- And, 35% have two or more of these reinforcements in place
We Came Up With Our Own Answer
We created a solution with all of these best practices in one easy-to-use mobile application. It works with your Manager’s Red Book, proving that a paper and digital world can exist together to solve your challenges. Our goal was to maintain the simplicity of your book while gaining the advantages of mobile technology to Improve your team’s accountability, performance and engagement, with the added value of being able to access your Manager’s Red Book from anywhere, at any time. And we kept it simple for you: no expensive start-up costs, heavy training required, learning curves, or time added to your day. We call this next generation of the Manager’s Red Book, “Red Book Keep.”
Customers Are Already Seeing Results
- Immediate improvement in Manager’s Red Book execution
- Better and more efficient communication in stores
- Overall accountability improved from shift to shift
- Improve consistency from location to location and region to region
Simply put, we want to continue to help you run a perfect shift, at every location, all the time!
We love it, and we hope you do, too.
Want to Make Your Stores Run the Perfect Shift?